6.02.2011

The Sun at Night

One of the weird things about Spain is that the sun doesn't set until 10:30 at night . . . I don't really understand how that works.  Megen and I went to Guillermina's gallery opening tonight [where we met her siblings and friends and Megen was offered champagne] and I felt like it was only 5:00 as I was walking Meg to the corner of the park.

[Taken at approximately 10:03 p.m., or 22.03h if you're using Spanish time.]
Today was packed with fun.  We played two games in class--I got second place in the first one [Remmy's doppelganger beat me] and won the second!  I hope you're proud.

[This is Sky and the weird game we played.]
I also took a picture of my classroom like you asked me:

[This is Khalid . . . his mustache isn't real in case you were wondering.]
Also, remember how you asked me if I've cooked here?  Well now I can proudly say that I have.

Guillermina pretty much had everything set up for me and ready to go . . . and Paul turned on the stove and fryer and explained how to do it . . . and it was an American meal . . . but nevertheless, I have cooked in Spain.

After lunch I ran down to the school to help cut Remmy-doppelganger's hair and sat out in the beautiful sun and talked with some friends from the program for a while.  I then ran up to the park and went running while the friends got Megen, and then we all met up and got ice cream before:

[This is Alejandro.  Like his ponytail?]
That's right, we learned how to do the tango.  There's a coffee shop that offers free lessons on Thursday nights, so a bunch of people from our group went and tried it out.  I'm pretty much a professional now . . . or at least for the eight steps that I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh ---- ponytails.