6.23.2011

And so it begins.

I've started the process of saying goodbye.  It's probably not the best way to do it--I should do the whole rip-it-off-like-a-bandaid thing--but whatever.  This is a big goodbye and it's strange to think I might very well never see these places/things/people again in my life.

As I was walking home yesterday, I decided to start thinking of things that I wouldn't miss so that I'd feel a little better about leaving.  This is as far as I got:
- The smell of smoke and people's alcohol breath.
- The weird eating schedule.
- The milk. (Which I've actually gotten used to.)
- The Euro-Dollar ratio.
- No air-conditioning.

It's not a very persuasive list, but it's a start.  And so far, we've said goodbye to . . .

. . . the amazing candy shops . . .
. . . chocolate con churros . . .
. . . the photogenic elderly . . .
. . . and the best croissants in the entire world.
And there are only more goodbyes to come, so stay tuned.

No comments: