6.25.2011

paz afuera.

In a matter of minutes, I will be leaving.  It's weird to think that it's actually happening, that the last five weeks went by just as fast as I knew they would.  But the last two days were the absolute perfect way to say goodbye.

On Thursday night, there was a festival for la Noche de San Juan.  We went to the plaza by the Cathedral to see some really weird performance (not even the Spaniards understand it), almost get hit by fireworks, and then throw wishes/things you want to forget into a giant bonfire.


After, we went to a few discotecas and danced like it was 1999/going out of style/our last night in Spain.  We walked around and talked and got chased by a wild boar to finish off our night (or morning if you want to be exact).

Yesterday was probably the most beautiful day I've seen in Oviedo.  The weather was absolutely perfect and there was just something about the air that made everything pleasant.  We graduated, talked with friends, hung out in the park, got ice cream, sat and chatted in an open cafe, bought some flowers, and talked more in the park.




It was one of those days where I was just trying to soak up every moment.  Once I got home, I went with my family to the Tennis Club for drinks on the terrace.  It was really pleasant and we talked about school and food and fry sauce (or "pink sauce" as my brothers call it).

Paul (19) is on the left, Jaime (18) on the right.
It was sad to say goodbye to them, but I really hope and think that we will keep in touch.  And it is going to be sad to say goodbye to Spain.  But life goes on, and I'm so excited to see you and the family and my friends.  And I'm excited to spend time with girls at tennis camp next week (and the next three weeks).  And I'm excited for Lake Powell and Brightwell & Logan coming home and this one wedding that I have to go to in August and our family trip and summer days and etc.  So I think I've got enough good in my life that I can happily move on to the next adventure.

¡Adiós España!  And I'll see ya tomorrow mom.

No comments: