9.16.2012

the best dollar I ever spent . . .

. . . was on this beauty.  The dolphin.  Right there.  Painted by a kind man named Michael.  (We became pretty good friends.  I let him use his creative license with the colors.)  

Yesterday, after a nice run and breakfast provided by my lovely visiting teachers, we went to the H Street Festival.  It was an extremely crowded event.  And I got a little sun-kissed.  But we enjoyed people-watching as usual and all that jazz.  (McKay made the mistake of telling the lady who painted his face that she could do whatever she wanted.)










Look what we walked past!!
We made it back to the Barlow just in time to change before heading off to a Relief Society Appreciation Night.  Basically the Elder's Quorum made and served us dinner and put on a little program.  It was really sweet.  (Although, just to show the fact that this was all put on by men--for the main course we had baked potatoes with bacon and chili and cheese and sour cream and etc.  Really tasty though.)



We came home and came straight downstairs to watch the game, but I ended up going to my room (1) because I didn't want to bother people, (2) I didn't want to listen to the anti-Ute commentary, and (3) I was really tired.

We are ending our Sabbath with watching the Best Two Years with brownies and popcorn.  Maybe I'll write Stevie right now.

No comments: