9.01.2012

so I went to a psychic

It was a warm, beautiful night under a bright [legitimate] blue moon.  The friends and I were in high spirits as we strolled along the quaint, historic streets of Georgetown.  But suddenly, we came to a halt as Carly noticed a sign that said, "Palm Reading."  She turned to me with a spark in her eyes that told me we had to go in.

We hesitantly made our way up the creaky, narrow steps, seeking comfort that we were still in the real world by rubbing our hands along the rough brick of the wall as we went.  At the top of the stairs was a dusty old door, which Jessica quickly came and unlocked once she heard us knocking.  We walked into her 70's decor living room and took a seat.  The air was heavy with perfume and her son/grandson sat on the computer in the corner playing Star Wars and eating fries.  One at a time she studied our palms underneath  a dim lamp.

My reading started out as you would expect:
"I see a long life.  I see that you are kind.  I see that you are honest, but maybe too honest.  Others take advantage of this at times.  I see people with the letters R and D in their names in your life.  I see you working with people, in consulting . . . . in journalism.  I see that you have a good aura but . . ."

But then, what she had to say took a turn for the worst.  The summary:
Apparently, I suffered a "spiritual death" from a relationship a while ago, which gave me a bad aura for the last three years and the last bits are hanging on.  It has caused me to be cautious with whom I trust.  And this has hindered me from finding my soul mate.  And I'm supposed to have a few serious relationships before I find said soul mate.  And if I do not fix it, I will never be with my soul mate and I will lead an unfulfilled life.

She went on for quite a while talking about this, and she was very somber and serious.  She then advised me that I needed to come back for therapy to get rid of the dregs of my spiritual killer's negative aura.


Needless to say, I probably won't be heading back any time soon to cough up $100 for shock therapy.  Thanks though, Jessica.

No comments: