9.14.2012

now take it in, but don't look down

At approximately 11:43 p.m., I was standing near the Watergate Hotel with a few others dancing like I was Caden Rhoton.  (Okay, maybe not that extreme.)  We did an impromptu iPod dance party, where basically everyone gets the same playlist on their iPods, hit play at the same time, and dance.  We danced for 26 straight minutes.  It was great.

So, seeing as I was already tired earlier this evening when I talked to you, I am pretty pooped now.  So, I will only cover what happened earlier this week, and I'll save entries (yes, plural because I will probably need to do two separate entries for today) for later.

On Tuesday evening, in honor of 9/11, our group went to the Pentagon 9/11 memorial:





It was really beautiful.  I also went to a small commemoration on the south side of the Capitol earlier that day.  That day was probably the most significant of the week.


Other than that, I just have a few miscellaneous pictures that were taken before today:

1. Kelsey attempted to do my hair.

2.  I went with Kate and Amanda (girls from work) to get cupcakes for Amanda's birthday.  I got a dark chocolate one.  Mmmmmmm.  I also found out that I am allergic to macaroons.




3. On Wednesday, we went to some national pork event on the Hill.  I felt very official.  They also gave us gloves to eat our ribs with.


(p.s. Mom, I have been given many compliments on this dress.  Good find.)

That's all I have for you tonight.  Sorry it's brief.  But I will leave you with the song that ended my wonderful Friday:

No comments: