10.02.2012

some walking and talking.

I cannot believe that dad's visit has already come and gone.  It seemed so far away at the beginning, felt so normal while he was here, and seems unreal now that it's over.  I am just going to do a quick recap of dad's visit with a few pictures before finishing up some homework.  He'll fill you in on all the details tomorrow.  I'll just say now that we did not do much that many would deem as "exciting," but we did what we like.  He's seen a lot of D.C., and I just wanted to spend time with him.

So yesterday dad and I went to dinner at BTS, walked up through Georgetown, got ice cream at a place called Thomas Sweet (soooo good), and walked around some more.  And walked and talked.   

Today dad stopped by my office to pick me up.  (I accidentally gave him the wrong room number, and he walked into the Senator Rubio's office asking for me.)  We then rode the metro home, went to our respective residences to change, and went on a little jog to Arlington Cemetery.  

[photo found on Google.]

[photo found on Google.]
After the run we went to dinner at Founding Farmers with Miss Carly.  (Thanks to Carli Schneider, Washington Post, ladies that dad met, people at work, and strangers for making this recommendation.)  It was delicious.  We ordered a serving of their famous mac and cheese for an appetizer, and then I had chicken and waffles.  Not going to lie, I was feeling pretty sketchy about the order at first.  Trent got some when we did a birthday dinner for Meg, and I thought it looked really weird.  But it was so delicious.  So delicious.

And the company and conversation wasn't too bad either.


Dad's pot roast.


[please forgive my hair--it was a rainy day.]
I also showed him some songs from  the new Mumford and Sons album:



We finished off the evening with more walking and talking and then hugged goodbye.  I know that 9.5 weeks seems like a long ways away, but it will come soon.  (Maybe too soon.)  And then dad is going to teach me how to downhill ski.  [yikes.]  Can't wait to see you in two!

1 comment:

William said...

That was an exceptionally fun time. I love you. Dad