10.15.2012

Dear dad,

Hey there.  Hope that all is fine and dandy in Salt Lake without your two favorite women.  (And I can say that fairly because K is still a smelly girl.)  Due to your several calls and texts today, I figured that you would like to see pictures of today and hear the full report.  So here it is:

Mom showed up at my office promptly at 10:12 a.m.  I showed her around the office, and while doing so my Chief-of-Staff said that I should just take the entire day off to be with her.  (Which we both greatly appreciated.)  McKay came to the office to help me give a tour . . . 

[Quick side story.  The Chief-of-Staff was talking to mom and noticed McKay and said, "Who are you?"  He explained that he worked for the Finance Committee, and then mom said, "He's my son!!"  So then the Chief-of-Staff started saying how great it was that two siblings were able to come out to D.C. at the same time and that our sweet mother could come get a tour from both of us.  After which I explained that mom was lying.]

. . . and so we went on our way and gave mom the best tour of the Capitol that this world has ever seen.  McKay even delivered a great joke.  About corn.  After that we went to lunch at Good Stuff Eatery.


  






After lunch, mom and I went to the Botanical Gardens.  So pretty.  Smelled so good.  So wonderful.  So neat.


Then we went to the Air and Space Museum.  SO COOL.  I love airplanes!!  We wandered for a while and then saw a film in the planetarium and also this awesome IMAX on flight.  It was really enjoyable.  Also, turns out one of the Wright Brothers played the mandolin . . .




Afterward we walked back up to my building through the Capitol grounds.  I had actually never walked this way before and it is SO PRETTY.  Wow.  [Mad.  Mad I didn't know about that.]  There were a lot of pretty leaves and stuff.



We rode the bus back to my place, relaxed, and then went to Georgetown for the night.  [Mom has the rest of these pictures, so unfortunately you'll have to wait to see them.]  We went to Serendipity 3 for dinner with Carly and Andrea . . . . such a wonderful, awesome, cute, fun, eclectic, girly place.  I loved it.  Beyond belief.  And my cibatta-turkey-apple-cranberry-brie sandwich was quite delicious.  Afterward we shared a cupcake from Sprinkles and then walked to mom's bus stop in the rain.  

It was a wonderful day.  I loved being with mom--kind of the perfect little taste of her to halfway through this thing.

But we missed you too . . . a little bit . . . I guess.

[like you a good bit.]

1 comment:

Da said...

I am glad you had a great time with your wonderful mother. Sorry your Dad wasn't able to join you. He's got to feed the little birds in his nest.