10.04.2012

procrastination

I have a paper due tomorrow morning.  [Don't ask me how long.  Don't ask me when I started.  Don't ask me how it's going with my existent-but-nonexistent ADD.]  I am working on it right now.  So naturally, all I can think of are things that I want to share with you/tell you about.

1.  I watched some good SNL skits the other day that you will enjoy.  Just click here and here.

2.  I have a jar of daisies sitting on my desk.  They make me happy.

3.  I need to take a moment to brag.  Just a teeny bit.  I ran 5.5 miles in 45 minutes today.  FIVE-POINT-FIVE.  That's an 8:18 mile!!!  Now, for those of you who may be dropping in and do not know my running history, I will explain.  I love to run.  I run nearly every day.  I have for about four years.  But, I am not very athletic ( . . . and replace "very" with "whatsoever").  And, well, to just put it simply, I don't think I have ever averaged below a 9:00 mile.  (And granted, I did get passed up by another girl, but she doesn't count because I'm pretty sure she was going 16584 miles an hour.) 

Anyway, I know that you are all very, very impressed.  But, this achievement could be due to several factors.  (Or three to be precise.)  A big pasta lunch.  A large supply of oxygen.  And steam that needed to be burned off.  Badly.  I also listened to the same song for the entire run--which may sound weird, I know, but that's the best way for me to run in the zone.  

4.  Your sweet son/favorite child sent me a birthday card in the mail.  It was great.  He is great.  He needs to get an assignment out in D.C. already.

5.  Here are a few songs that you will enjoy.  The first is thanks to Lohren Merrill's blog.  The second is thanks to Pandora.  The third is actually more because Stevie would like it so you can listen to it for him.  (And Jon will like it--so Tricia, I assign you to show this to him.)




6.  I love and miss you.


1 comment:

Tricia Jeanne said...

Oh by the way, I made Jon watch the video-- I just forgot to tell you that I did! He was so confused, he said he kept expecting it to turn into a funny video!! Hahahahahahaha!