10.22.2012

glass coke bottles

Friday was a wonderful day.  Truly wonderful.  A little stressful at times, but things worked out as they always do.  {I'll give ya a little teaser here--Friday evening was so great that I just pretended it was my birthday party.}

The day started off with a morning at the Newseum.  This reinvigorated the journalist side in me.  At everything that we saw -- the Berlin Wall, old newspapers/news clips, a 9/11 memorial, etc.-- I would just imagine what it was like for people at that point in time to see that headline.  It was really cool.  And the balcony there also had a beautiful view.








After the Newseum Carly, Amanda, and I went to and old diner called Ollie's.  It had old music playing and antique toys and good burgers.  My favorite kind of place.  Only complaint is that they used Kraft pre-sliced cheese that did not melt all the way . . . so I just peeled it off my burger.


Here's where the stressful part came in: the temple.  We had a temple appointment at 3:00 and so I ran to the metro to go back and change/grab my recommend.  But the metro was delayed.  And then we got off on the wrong bus stop.  And then, when we finally made it to the temple over 1.5 hours later . . . . I realized I left my recommend at home.  Luckily, I had my old bishop's cell phone number so they just gave him a call and luckily he said I was okay.  And the temple was lovely as always.






After the temple, we rode to the completely opposite side of the metro to go to our friend's house in Vienna for an ice cream party.  (This is the part where I pretended it was my birthday.)  He has a legitimate 50's diner in his basement.  We drank Coke from glass bottles and had fancy ice cream sundaes and listened to oldies on a jukebox.  Pure, pure bliss.



     














No comments: