10.28.2012

eight boxes.

I have a mix of things to say, so I have a numbered list for you:

1  Some good news about the hurricane (and the main purpose for this post): our building has a generator.  Also, I have cooked any food that needed to be cooked, and it is in tupperware ready to eat.  Also, we have two gallons of water stored under my bed, plus some water bottles.  Also, I have eight boxes of cereal and a huge bag of apples and a lot of carrots.  So . . . basically my eating habits will not be disrupted should disaster strike.

2  Dinner with Ann was wonderful.  We just talked and talked.  And I'm glad she brought some cupcakes to you!  (I meant to ask--where were they from?)

3  I got to have a little {glorious} taste of home on Tuesday -- I went to Cafe Rio with Rory and McKay!  It was so wonderful.


4  The Halloween party on Friday was so fabulous.  Except I was wearing fleece the entire night while dancing like {insert-simile-here}, so needless to say I was quite sweaty.


5  I found my new house.


We collected cans for the food bank yesterday in a very lovely neighborhood and I fell in love.  It has a picket fence and everything!!!

6  We will be leaving soon to go sing at the chapel dedication.  Elder Cook is going to speak.  And I am going to sing my little heart out.  I'm really excited.

7  My sunflowers make me so happy.  So so happy.


8  We watched Vertigo last night.  I didn't like the ending.  But it was a cool movie.  I like old movies.  And Jimmy Stewart.

9  I actually got a little homesick today.  Weird, I know, but it happens to the best of us.

I'll do my best to keep you updated on the storm.  I will be smart and safe though, don't worry.  I have a lot of strong pioneer blood in me, so I'm not too worried.  I just really hope it doesn't ruin the autumn leaves.

No comments: