6.25.2013

day one

Well, if dad can be happy about anything about this adventure, it can be that I slept approximately 30.37 hours from my departure until this morning.  So basically I slept any time I wasn't eating or moving from one seat to another  (add in some chat time with my neighbors on the plane...we all became great friends).  The stop in Amsterdam made me lose a bit of focus because it was......well . . . .



. . . .obviously wonderful.  {They sold tulips in the airport....tulips.}  And it was just . . . very European.  It made me want to take a small detour and spend time biking around the Netherlands.  

Anyway, we made it here late last night, unpacked a few things, and went right to bed.  Heard some dog fights and rainstorms through the night.  I woke up to the sound of children singing.....turns out we live right next to a school.


And then, I walked out onto our balcony and read....



After that, some exercising, and a shower {accidentally only brought conditioner}, we went out to get groceries and wander around . . .







Came back, read some more, ate dinner, read more, etc.  So a really relaxed day, but we'll be getting to work tomorrow.  Oh, and it's not as hot as I imagined, so that's good.  But, it will be a process trying to figure out what to eat.  All of my essentials (i.e., milk, cereal, spinach, apples, ice cream) are kinda off-limits/unavailable/expensive here so...that will be fun.  But honestly, I don't really mind.  Just as long as I can eat just enough to function, I'll be fine.

Love you lots.  No need to worry, everything is good here.  {Oh and the children are darling.}

No comments: