6.29.2013

الجمال النقي

Fun, and maybe unknown, fact: I love the Islamic religion.  I think it is absolutely beautiful.  (Of course, we're taking away the extremism here, which is the same I would hope for anyone looking at any group with extremes; e.g., polygamists.)  And along with that comes a deep love and admiration of Arabic.  It is also absolutely beautiful.  (Dad found this out last week when we went to Deseret Book and I came across Arabic copies of everything.)

With that being said, I needed to dedicate an entire post to a trip we took to a mosque on Friday.  I just have way too many pictures to fit in with my weekend-digest post, so . . . yeah.  














AND, at sunset we climbed the minaret and looked out over the entire city and listened to the call to prayer. 







So that was my lovely Friday night.  I'll write more about how the rest of Uganda has been tomorrow.


أنا أحبك

No comments: