8.27.2012

the roommate.

Mom, I know you wanted details on my dear roommate, so here is the official rundown: 


Name:   Carly {nomiddlename} Madsen
Height: 5'04"
DOB:       11/11
Major:   Political Science

I knew from the moment that Carly pulled out a 4-page to-do list that we were a match made in heaven.  I was so happy to have found someone who I knew would want to go do adventures with me so quickly.  We have actually been asked several times if we knew each other before the program, and we already have our evening activities scheduled out for the week.

Some of our similarities: We both love lists, and both love doing things.  Not huge fans of EFY/overzealousity.  She used to not be able to swallow pills.  Both working on the Hill.  Frugal.  Both don't {dosomethingthatI'mnotgoingtosay} much in foreign places.  Both like shoes, but not high heels.  We like funny people/things.  We both love Kid History.  Both struggle with escalators.  Like similar music.  Clean freaks/OCD.  Both ended relationships partially because of D.C.  Both kinda speak Spanish.  We can't whistle.  Our throats make the same weird sounds . . .and we both can't burp.  Etc., etc.

I figured that might not be enough for your liking, so I pulled a little questionnaire from Google.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Carly Simon. It's because I'm quite vain. Nah, I'm kidding :)

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Sunday.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
 Yes, yes I do.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
It depends on the brand. Ham is usually the safest. I have a real issue with turkey that has a weird texture.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Not that anyone knows about ;)

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Probably not.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
...see above answers.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Most definitely.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Too many: Cap'n Crunch with Berries, Fruity (and Cocoa) Pebbles (only the generic brand), Special K (also generic version), 

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
If they are new, yes. If they are super old and beaten, no.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Of course.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I'm not the biggest fan of ice cream to be honest. I prefer frozen custard or frozen yogurt. I like the consistency better. And I usually like flavors like strawberry, raspberry, peach, etc.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Probably what they're wearing--if they're a girl. For guys my age...if they are attractive or not.

15. RED OR PINK?
RED.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Pass.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Dead? Probably my grandpa. Living? My buddy Jeff. He's serving in Barcelona. He's hilarious.

18. WHAT IS THE PAUL MCKENNA TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Who the heck is Paul Mckenna??

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I'm not wearing any.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A burrito with chips and salsa from this little restaurant at L'Enfant Plaza.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Anna breathing.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Red.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Gasoline. It reminds me of Lake Powell. New books/paper. Reminds me of work. Fresh laundry. My grandma's perfume.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My dad.

25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
It depends: if it's college, I like watching basketball (live), and football (on TV). The Olympics: beach volleyball, gymnastics, and swimming.

27. HAIR COLOR?
Light brownish. Pretty similar to Anna's.

28. EYE COLOR?
Brown.

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope. 20/20.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Chinese, chicken salad sandwiches, and donuts.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Usually happy endings.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
"Just Go with It".

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Striped purple, green, yellow.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer when I'm by water. Winter when there's pretty snow everywhere and I don't have to drive.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
From boys? Kisses, duh. From everyone else: hugs.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Donuts.

37. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Cardio. Though I hate it.

38. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Probably computer. You can watch TV on it anyway.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Book of Mormon. And I'll start "America: The Owner's Manual" soon for class (though I've read it before).

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't have one.

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
My own voice. Haha.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
New York.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I'm a professional whistler.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
American Fork Hospital.

47. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Washington, D. C.

48. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Red brick.

49. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
Beige.

50. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 50 QUESTIONS?
Always.

No comments: