9.12.2015

A sip of O'Doul's.

{April 2015}

I wasn't too sure about how serious Z was about me coming out for his wedding, but by the third time he asked, I figured I should probably make the trek out.  The trip was simple, but created some really great memories.

The morning that we go there, we went to UNC so that I could meet with a BYU alum who is getting her doctorate.  (We got the wrong address put in the GPS so.....we were like 30 minutes late.)  After that, we went back to the cute little Colonial house that we were staying in/the wedding venue.  That night Kathleen and I went to Sandrine's bachelorette party.  (= French food and the best guacamole I've ever had.)

The next day we ran errands for Zach.  Bought cases and cases of alcohol (we got some Coke and O'Doul's for us sober folks), got a white shirt, etc.  And in the evening we had a casual wedding dinner at his house.

On the wedding day, we went to pick up flowers and helped get things ready.  The ceremony was just lovely.  We then had cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing.  {The sober Mormons were the craziest of the dancers...}  Everything was filled with a fun atmosphere of celebration.  I loved it, every bit.

My experience concluded with me sitting on the porch, listening to crickets and the fading music, watching the lingering dancers' energy slowly wane.






No comments: