11.25.2012

thanksgiving weekend

Well.  What a fun weekend.  It started with this rooftop view:


After a pizza party at work and a long drive, we strolled the streets of NYC to check out the parade balloons and get some ice cream {for dinner}.


We were welcomed at the Potter residence with some rounds of Mormon bridge and Idiot.  And talking late into the night.  (So obviously I felt right at home.)  The next morning I went on a beautiful run by the harbor.   The rest of the day was spent cooking, eating, and cleaning...and eating.  (McKay and I made an apple pie.)  And playing games.  And talking late into the night again.


Friday we went into the city.  Our first stop was Central Park (probably my favorite), followed by a stroll down 5th Ave, Rockefeller Square, Times Square, and the 9/11 memorial (my second favorite part).  The day went by really fast, but it was great.  We debated trying to get lottery tickets for a show, but considered our odds on one of the busiest days in New York and decided to go back to Darien for food and games instead.  (Good choice on our part.)
















 

Saturday, as you know, was spent doing Sandy clean up.  Once we got home, we showered and then went to Post Corner Pizza for a large feast and then spent the rest of the night talking.  (Well, the boys had a ping pong tournament while the girls talked about dating...as usual.)  And today we went to church, ate lunch, and then made the long--and beautiful--drive home.  (Which, as I mentioned, included Christmas music and fun stories....so it went by quickly.)



And that's that.  As we drove into D.C. and all of it's evening glory, I realized how much I love this place.  It is going to be really hard to say goodbye.  I don't even want to think about it.



No comments: